Tuesday, January 6

Happy New Year!

Welcome Back!  I hope everyone had an enjoyable break with their children.  I'm glad to see everyone back safe and healthy.  I know I enjoyed my break, but was very excited to see the children on Monday.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for my beautiful gift card tree.  I was very surprised and enjoyed opening every card (especially the hand-made ones).  You were all very generous in your giving and I really felt appreciated.  I love being with your kids each and every day.

You may have seen an extra hand-writing sheet attached with this week's homework.  Please use it for the practice spelling test you will give your child.  They know to write the first five numbers on the left side and then numbers 6-10 down the middle.  The handwriting has been very disappointing and this would be a great opportunity for your child to take the time to form each letter as it is supposed to be.  It's gotten so bad, I may resort to sending ABC handwriting sheets to some.  I always encourage the children to do their best work and I hope you will help me in this by reviewing weekly work coming home and discussing it with them for correctness and neatness as well.

Thanks for your support!  Looking forward to a wonderful 2009!!

No comments: