Thursday, January 22

100th Day

The 100th Day is coming soon (7 school days to be exact)! It will be on Monday, February 2. We will be commemorating the day by doing 100th day-themed activities that correlate with our reading, writing, and math. In addition to the many activities we will be doing in class, I have a project I would like your child to complete at home. They should take 100 of any one thing and make something with it! I have had some creative projects in the past and I know this year's group will not disappoint. Some examples are 100 pieces of pasta, 100 Q-tips, 100 stickers, etc... The project should be brought in on that Tuesday to share with the rest of the class. We will have a gallery of 100 things on display. Depending on the size, I would like to keep it in the room for the week. The idea behind the project is to show the kids that 100 things can look VERY different. I will be sending a note with next week's homework to re-state the directions. Contact me with questions regarding this project (sooner than later :)).
In addition to our project, I've always had the kids partake in a 100th day snack. Each child would need to bring in approximately 100 pieces of a small snack food or candy. They will practice making 10 rows of 10 on a 100's chart, so the items should be relatively tiny. Some ideas are miniature marshmallows, tiny crackers or cookies, licorice bites, raisins, peanuts, cereal (such as cheerios), skittles, etc... This can be brought any time between now and the 100th day. I will need everyone to participate in order to make it a success.

No comments: